Monday, January 6, 2014

Good to Be Back

Looks can be deceiving. This photo was taken right before Bryan's company Christmas dinner/party. We got all dressed up for a fun night, but I still could not walk by myself and behind that smile, I felt pretty miserable. The entire right side of my body was tingly and still on the verge of numbness. My eyes were working together slightly better, but I was still so dizzy. I had just finished 5 days of intravenous steroids to help with this most recent flare-up and my body was tired and aching.

Slowly over the past few weeks, the tingling has subsided to just my fingertips. My eyes are pretty much back to as normal as they were to me, and I have had no additional vision loss. The dizziness has stopped. I still have weakness in my right arm and leg, but it's not noticeable to anyone but me.

This morning, I took care of our chickens in the frigid cold, the boys and I did our learning time, and then we baked a pumpkin pie along with several other things. It was the first morning in well over a month that I have felt back to my old self again. Thank you for the prayers,  kind words, and love these past few weeks. It feels so good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment